Joris Timmermans is a registered osteopath and has been practising since 2000. He ran successful osteopathic clinics in Belgium and the Netherlands before moving to London with his wife in 2015. Over this time he has gained invaluable insights into the body and how it responds to various factors such as; mechanical trauma, postural issues, stress and lifestyle.
The key to any of his treatments is understanding the origin of the patient’s complaint.
For your body to be free of pain and to function well, different parts of the body have to work together. Joris is experienced to quickly assess where the problem is rooted and will then select the right techniques for each individual case, or if needed, will refer on to another specialist.
Qualifications and training include:
- Osteopathy degree (3 years) 2000 Ghent, Belgium
- Physiotherapy degree (3 years) 1997 Antwerp, Belgium
- Craniosacral therapy
- Integrated techniques
- Visceral manipulations/techniques
- Paediatric Osteopathy 2 year Diploma The Netherlands
Joris is registered with the General Osteopathic Council…
Jacqui Lyons is a Registered Osteopath and Naturopath, having completed a four-year honours degree in Osteopathic Medicine from the British College of Naturopathy & Osteopathy in 2002.
Jacqui specialises in the treatment of pregnant woman and newborns. Her primary focuses to initially alleviate any discomfort the mother may be experiencing with her pregnancy. Osteopathic treatment aims to release tension and help the body make the necessary postural changes more easily. This often makes the pregnancy much more comfortable.
Osteopathic treatment can be beneficial in:
- Easing the discomforts of pregnancy
- preparing for the demands of labour
- helping the mother and baby recover after birth
Post graduate training and techniques includes:
- Cranial Osteopathy – Sutherland Cranial College Member
- Paediatric Osteopathy
- Obstetrics and Gynaecological issues
- Biodynamic Osteopathy
- Visceral Osteopathic Techniques
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Teacher Foundation Course in Mindfulness-based Childbirth and Parenting (MBCP) at the Oxford Mindfulness Centre – University of Oxford, Department of Psychiatry