Joris Timmermans is a registered osteopath and has been practising since 2000. He ran successful osteopathic clinics in Belgium and the Netherlands before moving to London with his wife in 2015. Over this time he has gained invaluable insights into the body and how it responds to various factors such as; mechanical trauma, postural issues, stress and lifestyle.
The key to any of his treatments is understanding the origin of the patient’s complaint.
For your body to be free of pain and to function well, different parts of the body have to work together. Joris is experienced to quickly assess where the problem is rooted and will then select the right techniques for each individual case, or if needed, will refer on to another specialist.
Qualifications and training include:
- Osteopathy degree (3 years) 2000 Ghent, Belgium
- Physiotherapy degree (3 years) 1997 Antwerp, Belgium
- Craniosacral therapy
- Integrated techniques
- Visceral manipulations/techniques
- Paediatric Osteopathy 2 year Diploma The Netherlands
Joris is registered with the General Osteopathic Council.
Jacqui Lyons is a Registered Osteopath and Naturopath, having completed a four-year honours degree in Osteopathic Medicine from the British College of Naturopathy & Osteopathy in 2002.
Post graduate training and techniques includes:
- Cranial Osteopathy – Sutherland Cranial College Member
- Paediatric Osteopathy
- Obstetrics and Gynaecological issues
- Biodynamic Osteopathy
- Visceral Osteopathic Techniques
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Teacher Foundation Course in Mindfulness-based Childbirth and Parenting (MBCP) at the Oxford Mindfulness Centre – University of Oxford, Department of Psychiatry
Jacqui provides an holistic approach to treatment and tailors it to the individual. The body will reflect challenges, pressure and stressors of all facets of one’s life. As an osteopath, she considers pain and other symptoms as the body’s way of informing an individual when their body needs attention – change, rest, nutrients, support or time for adaptation. Jacqui listens to support this process through manual techniques and thorough communication.
Advice can include; dietary, postural, lifestyle changes, ergonomic advice, awareness and reduction of stress.
Jacqui is covered by all major insurance companies and is registered with the General Osteopathic Council.